Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Monday, November 28, 2005

One if by land, two if biopsy

Tomorrow's the big biopsy day; I'm flying to Chicago tonight. I start my day tomorrow at 8 a.m., and after the requisite hours of waiting around doing nothing, the procedure will take about 20 minutes. They'll numb my torso, and then stick a needle in through my abdominal muscle and into the liver to take little pieces from throughout the organ. There's a decent description of the procedure here. I wish I knew how long it will take to get the results, but my family is optimistic that I'll be cleared. We still hope we could aim for a surgery date in early December.

On an only slightly related topic, does anyone else think it's unexpected that when you search for "liver biopsy" on Google Images, you get a headshot of Anthony Hopkins in addition to this informative graphic here? He looks marvelous. Must have had a great liver biopsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.