Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Monday, March 10, 2008

Wining and dining for a great cause

This Sunday I have the tough, tough task of wining and dining with the American Liver Foundation Minnesota chapter and 200 supporters at the annual Flavors Culinary Gala, an amazing experience where 20 of the Twin Cities' best chefs each host a table for 10 and cook a five-course, wine-paired gourmet meal, table side. Sigh. Someone's got to do it, right?

If you'd like to be one of those someones, you can! Tickets are still on sale, and you don't have to live in Minnesota -- the ALF has these Flavors culinary galas in nearly every state. Find your state's gala and other event information at this link.

I go for three reasons. First, I've sort of joined the board of the ALF Minnesota chapter. (Yeah, oops. I was bored again.) Second, I love the networking -- 200 people in tuxedos and gowns, holding checkbooks and Amex Platinum cards, each with some reason to care about liver health and organ issues. Where better to drop the words "Greatest Gift Foundation" a few times? And third, well, it's a great cause, planned by great people. Its yummilicious. And best of all, it gives me a chance to wear my expensive Jingle Jangle dress a second time. Amortization, hooray!
Attendees also walk away with a CD full of the chef's recipes. I'll post my favorite on the blog next week.


1 Comments:

  • Hi - I was also at the Flavors of Minnesota. It was a fantastic event! Dr. Weisner was my doctor and I gave him his award that night. I would love to hear more about how you got involved in the Board and the Liver Community.
    My email is dawn.ramerth@bestbuy.com.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.