Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meet my new blog!

Update October 2010. Sadly, we have ceased operations of the Greatest Gift Foundation that is described below, in 2010. It is a great idea that maybe was ahead of its time, and required more funding and work than we could manage with our resources. However, the blog mentioned below does exist and is full of relevant and informative posts; I hope you'll check it out! - Becky, 10/26/2010

Chopped Liver fans, I am thrilled to re-direct you to my new blog, the official "day to day on living organ donation" blog of the Greatest Gift Foundation. For lack of a better name, I'm just calling it "the Greatest Gift blog" (yeah, I'm wildly creative like that). The address is http://greatestgift.wordpress.com/. My thanks to Mindy for her help and inspiration on getting it going. Mindy is terrific.

I will still blog here at Chopped Liver on more personal stuff, and not just transplant related anymore. Dating? Movies? Odd people? All fair game. (Not that I could possibly ever compete with this, this, or this.)
But for the latest on living organ donors, living organ donation, living donors, living organ donors, organ transplantation, living donors in the news, organ donation resources, organ transplant resources, and more, find me over at greatestgift.wordpress.com. (Take that, keyword search engine optimizers!)

4 Comments:

  • Dear Becky:

    I am not sure if you remember me, but you are the editor of ETHOS that published my short story in March 1995 at Iowa State University. The name of my short story was "High Plains Drifter." I later met you at a McDonald's on Welch Avenue and we talked for a short while.

    I hope things are going well with you. I graduated from ISU in May of 1995. I have been hitchhiking for most of the past twelve years throughout the United States. I am writing a journal about my experiences on the road. Right now I am staying with some friends in Kansas.

    In 1997, I had two poems published by ETHOS: "A Prophet's Eyes" and "Shiloh."

    I discovered your website this morning and just thought I would drop you a line.

    Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • You have raised some really intresting points in this discussion, others may also like to read some additional cases discussed on the organ transplant website: http://donorwaitinglist.com/

    By Blogger Parisa, at 2:50 AM  

  • I am a live kidney donor. My sister and I entered a kidney paired exchange program in June 25, 2009. Because we are incompatible match, I donated to a stranger so my sister would recieve a kidney from a altruistic donor! AMAZING! check out our website www.dancefordonors.org

    Anyway we can help get the word out, organ donation saves lives, let us know!

    By Anonymous Amador Siblings, at 4:50 PM  

  • I am a live organ kidney donor. I was apart of a paired exchange program. I donated to a stranger; in return an altruistic kidney donor gave to my sister, Laura Amador. We have been in the newspaper a lot lately, check out our blog Dance for Donors

    By Anonymous Amador siblings, at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.