Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Love runs in the family

Comments are as fun as little surprise presents on a random rainy day. I love seeing your notes -- please keep them coming! My dad left a comment on the previous entry that's too amazing and touching to leave buried under the tiny link, so I'm showing it off here:

Becky, I had an interesting thought as I read the bit about your scar being the shape of a Mercedes Benz symbol. Have you given any thought to the fact that you and Joe will forever carry your grandmother's initial? For anyone reading this, my mother's name was Mercedes and she was a very warm and wonderful person who had a very positive influence on me and my family and everyone else who knew her. Although she is no longer with us physically, I'm sure she is aware of your great loving gesture and you can be sure she will be with you and Joe throughout the entire ordeal and for the rest of your lives. You make us proud!/Dad

Anyone who wonders where I find the strength and love to do what I'm doing need look no farther than my parents. They have cultivated these gifts together for a lifetime.

2 Comments:

  • It is now officially and obscenely past due for a post from me, the diseased. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like to share my feelings or discuss my situation much. The beautiful thing about this blog though is that it isn't about me. It is about one remarkable sister of mine. Anyone who questions pure altruism need only look farther than what she has gone through and is prepared and willing to go through. When Becky agreed to the work-up she asked me wouldn't I do the same for her. My answer was "yes" of course. It is one thing to say that though and an entirely different thing to actually go through with it. Anyone who watches and enjoys "My Name is Earl" as much as I do can appreciate that Becky has an entire life of good karma ahead of her.
    So cheers to this blog and everyone in my sister's life who has been so supportive in this remarkable time (and there are so many of you).
    And if anyone wants a video of what the surgery looks like there is a very accurate depiction in Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" in the chapter "Live Organ Transplant".
    Joe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 PM  

  • Thats nice

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.