Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Peace and comfort to the Barnes

Last week, my coworker Katrina called me to say that her wonderful friends Randy and Britt Barnes were in a severe motorcycle accident in Stillwater. While Britt survived in critical condition, Randy did not. The couple has two young children. There is simply nothing fair, just, or understandable about flash tragedies like this one, and my heart and prayers go out to everyone whose lives were touched by the accident. Especially to Britt and their girls. I find so much hope and love, however, in the blessing that Randy passed on to the world: He chose to donate all his organs, and doctors estimate that multiple lives will be saved this weekend thanks to his gift.

2 Comments:

  • I am sure those who receive Randy's organs will be eternally grateful for his and his family's generosity. It's kind of nice to know that even in such a horrible, horrible tragedy, there is kindness and goodness.

    My condolences to the family.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • How very generous indeed. So sorry for the children, family, friends affected by this tragedy. And I hope for a smooth recovery for Britt. Regards, Lynne

    By Blogger L, at 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.