Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Friday, August 04, 2006

Ta Ta Parties, Soldier Postcards and Other Great Gifts

Hm, I've been outdone in generosity this week by a couple of friends. First, Krista emerged with her "Soiree to Save the Ta Tas," a cocktail party to raise money for her participation in the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. (Because her cause is noble, I'm willing to overlook that she has shamelessly and ruthlessly plagiarized the Jingle Jangle concept.)

Then Major Jack put out an all-call about Lets Say Thanks, a Xerox-sponsored program to collect postcards to be sent to U.S. soldiers stationed overseas. It takes two seconds -- just choose a cute design from the menu (all drawn by kids from across the U.S.), choose an existing message or write one of your own, and hit "submit." Xerox prints them and includes them randomly in packages sent to the soldiers. It's nice of Xerox and appropriate regardless of your political views or opinions of the war.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that my new pal Jason has agreed to donate his organs, as those of you who read comments have already learned. Way to step up, J.

I have cool friends. Happy weekend, everyone!

5 Comments:

  • ACCORDING TO YOUR MOM-----
    THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET BETTER
    HIP, HIP, HOORAY
    MARY CAREY WITH LOVE AND PRAYERS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 PM  

  • I can agree with the both of you: we should give away our livers, but keep our boobies! Yay!

    By Blogger m, at 10:24 PM  

  • keep on keeping on joe
    mary carey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • KEEP ON KEEPING ON --JOE---PRAYERS AND LOVE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 PM  

  • I haven't checked in on the blog for awhile, and was surprised and excited to see my soiree make it into your postings! My team and I walked the walk last weekend, and despite a few blisters (what can you expect after 60 miles?), crossing the finish line in St. Paul was pretty amazing. What a wonderful event! You should know that I actually stole the theme for the party from www.savethetatas.com, a site that sells a variety of ta-ta t-shirts, so I wasn't the first to steal your jingle-jangle. Gotta tell you, though, I did borrow the idea to throw a fundraising party from you - your philanthropy and social do-goodingness are contageous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.