Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My abs are back, my heart is warm

On the heels of my down-beat previous message, I'm posting this one with a gust of more characteristic optimism. Why the change of heart? For one, Joe is back out of the hospital and back to healing, albeit with a drainage tube still in place. For another, fellow live donor Terry wrote me with encouragement for keeping this blog going (I swear, girl, it's like you can tell from the ether exactly what I need to hear, and when!) . And on the same day, a new live donor named Jason reached out to tell me that he read Chopped Liver before and after his surgery and offered his help on an ongoing site to help future donors. What a difference it makes when you meet people know understand and share your passions.

And then there's this added perk: My abs are back! Getting dressed this morning, I noticed the definition is returning. I spent most of the 4th of July weekend in a bikini, by the way, and decided unequivocally that I love my scar. Happy day!

2 Comments:

  • Your abs never went anywhere, girlfriend. And I should know. Ahem.

    Har har har!

    By Blogger m, at 9:05 AM  

  • Nice new pic hot stuff.

    By Blogger Becky, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.