Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chopped and Unchopped: The naked before and after liver pictures

As promised, faithful Chopped Liver readers, below are the most naked pictures of me that you'll ever find on the Internet: before and after MRI images! (Warning -- they're graphic -- look away if you're squeamish.) The before shots were taken on November 10, 2005, nine weeks before surgery. The after shots were taken on April 27, 2006, 14 weeks after surgery.

I haven't been over these pictures with my doctor yet, but based on the amount of tissue I see with my untrained eye, it seems to me the volume is back to normal. The shape and position, meanwhile, are, well, off. The doc says that's typical: "For the first few weeks it just dumps tissue as fast as it can," he explained. "Then over the next three to twelve months, it re-shapes itself and moves back to where it belongs."

What he didn't know, of course, is that "where it belongs" is right here, on the Web. And in that case, here it is, ahead of schedule. Enjoy!




8 Comments:

  • This is so cool! I want pictures of MY insides! But I wouldn't post them on the web because then everyone would know for sure that there is just an empty abyss where my heart is supposed to be.

    By Blogger m, at 9:08 PM  

  • Hey, weird, speaking of, there's a strange pencil drawing where your picture is supposed to be!

    Besides, you're not bitter. You're just, um, SPECIAL. :)

    Love ya.

    By Blogger Becky, at 11:55 PM  

  • Hey! I knew it! You DO have an extra-large heart ... ;-)

    Very cool images, Becky.

    John M.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  

  • I guess that's about as close as I'll get to seeing you with your clothes off.

    Sigh.

    Alex

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

  • Alex, don't turn pessimistic on me, now....

    By Blogger Becky, at 4:20 PM  

  • Bex, you should post similar pictures like this for Joe - that would be kind of cool to see too!

    By Blogger m, at 8:57 AM  

  • We're trying to get him healthy first, alas. He's having some crummy set backs.

    By Blogger Becky, at 8:07 PM  

  • Becky, Is your liver going to stay like that or does it go back to where it belongs? Are you experiencing any discomfort because of the "new" location of your liver?

    By Blogger LiverLetLive, at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.