Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Monday, March 27, 2006

In praise of Magic

To answer the burning question: Joe is doing GREAT! He has been having weekly labs done to gather data on things like white blood cells and billyrubin (hey, isn't that the kid I went to my 5th grade winter dance with?) and for the first time since forever before the surgery, 100 percent of the measurements came back normal. He expects to try returning to work in May.

While I'm here, I'm adding this link to an inspiring story from my hometown paper, called to my attention by McNarney. A young woman dies but lives on through the five people who received her organs.

2 Comments:

  • hey becky,
    i had my first post op checkup today and all is well had the tape removed from stiches and blood checked. my iron & crtis are a little low everything else is healing nicely. spring has arrived in maine but i'm longing for a southern spring time. it won't be long now. congrats on full recovory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

  • Did you see last week's episode of Scrubs? It was entitiled "My Chopped Liver." Check it out!
    ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.