Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Chopped what?

Unbelievable, but true: As of Monday, the saga is over. I'll be back at home, back at work full-time, back in school, and back to overall life as normal. You'd have no idea any of this took place by looking at me, unless you're one of the rare people I'll bare my belly for. Yesterday, I ran half a mile, and although I had to stop because the incision hurt, I had plenty of energy and wind to keep going.

The ongoing question is, what will the long-term effects of this be on me, as a whole? Will I think differently about problems, about work, about myself? Stay tuned. It will never be like nothing ever happened.

3 Comments:

  • Except for the fact that you've had one incredible, amazing, life-saving journey over the last 4 months! BRAVO!

    C U tomorrow nite!

    mkm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM  

  • My daughters Teresa (donor)and her younger sister Dolores (recipient)both in their early 50's are going to have the transplant operation on Monday 13 March 2006 at the Lahey Clinic Boston MA They have both been following your blog. Teresa (Terry) has communicated with you. No PC on hand but will report her progress as soon as able. She asked me to forward this message to you. Our family are happy to hear all went well with you and your brother. Stay healthy happy and vertical
    Paul Downs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • Paul, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers on this difficult day! By now, I hope both Terry and Dolly are resting safely in the ICU, and please do keep me posted. I've sent a card to Terry at Lahey, and hopefully it will get to her!

    By Blogger Becky, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.