Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Friday, February 10, 2006

Chicago - Minneapolis - Vancouver - Minneapolis

It's day 22 of my stint as a post-op invalid, and for the most part all is right with the world. My good friend Katie and generous, kind-hearted Clay are coming to DM for a visit tonight, and I've made reservations for Centro, the city's newest downtown hot spot (think Zelo, only lonely). They have a strong wine list that includes the very same lovely Prosecco that Amanda and I enjoyed in the company of the owners of Casa Tua in Aruba just a few weeks ago. I may force my company to try it so I can savor it again, albeit vicariously this time around.

Some news on my comings and goings: We're heading to Chicago next Tuesday to visit a much-improved Joe for a week of un-overdone fun. On Saturday, February 25, I'll make a brief return to the Twin Cities, for just two nights before hopping a 2/27 flight to Vancouver, Washington, to visit my older brother and his family. On March 9, I fly home, where I'll stay for good! The following Monday, March 13, I'm back at the office full-time, and the week after that I return to CSOM for two B-term strategy courses. It'll be like I never left. Except I have a blog now.

I miss everyone back home terribly. Throw a snowball for me.

3 Comments:

  • And what a ROCKIN' Blog it is, my friend!!! From yarn to scars and everything in between (some of which will remain unmentioned...ahem...) - it's been fantastic to be on this cyber journey with you....

    Have fun, travel safely, be sure to post every so often to appease the "Blog Stalkers" (you know who you are!) and we'll see you when you're back in Minne!!!! Torgie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 PM  

  • Becky, give me a shout on my mobile so we can talk about where you take this from here. I have some ideas ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 PM  

  • Alan,
    Call will come Sunday or Monday. Welcome back to the west side of the pond, what what.

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.