Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Unenticing options for the future of Chopped Liver

So, I'm struggling to determine how I can keep Chopped Liver compelling and relevant, now that the high drama of my family's ordeal has subsided. Not much to say anymore: Joe and I are both healing, slowly, daily, just trudging through the boring course of predictable recovery. Do my readers really care if today I knit 12 inches and read two chapters of Saving Fish From Drowning? Is it newsworthy that the final hold-out bandage fell off to reveal my scar at last in full? Could you care that my abs hurt a little bit more today than yesterday, following an aggressive two-hour outing with my Mom to the mall? There is no story here, really.

So what do I do with this blog from here? I posed this question to Philadelphia-based friend and philosopher John M., who said matter of factly, "Well, you'll need to decide whether your next post is going to be about the latest episode of The Bachelor or about the State of the Union address."

Eeesh. I think I'll try to stretch the liver-related stuff out for a while.

7 Comments:

  • Well, let's see ... Do you have anything else you can donate? Maybe you could sell one of your kidneys on the black market. That saga could get you through the end of March. And face-transplant technology is advancing nicely. You could donate your face to somebody. That would be excellent fodder for your blog. Of course, you'd probably need to invest in a good mask afterwards.

    ... I suspect I'm not being very helpful. Maybe you should just stick to The Bachelor.

    By Blogger Troy, at 5:17 PM  

  • I say pick a different topic of interest to you each week/month and research the heck out of it. Your links have been so interesting and informative that I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Recommend solid reads along the way...How is 'Saving Fish From Drowning'?
    Orrrrr...You could always start with Bachelorette #1. There's got to be some good dish on her.
    ;-)
    LA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • Have you been under anesthesia all this time?
    The solution was just on Oprah: "A Million Little Pieces of Becky."

    Post us from your glam drug rehab at Hazelden...your goodwill tour of Baghdad...your protest in front of Bush's ranch.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • How about restaurant reviews! I'm told the wine list at the West Des Moines Applebee's is highly underrated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • i have so enjoyed your blog chopped liver, got alot of milage out of "chopped liver" the saying. lol nothing boring on this blog . keep posting "till you're ready to stop . i'll be reading .
    terry in MS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

  • I'm sure you could wax poetic on the crimison shade of your scar and any majestic ridges in the tissue, or you could just grab a rythmn egg and compose the sure-to-be-No.1-hit "The Chopped Liver Shiver!" Second only to the Grammy missed "Burnin' Birkenstock Blues." Then to shake things up a bit, you could switch genres and put a Barry White twist on it or Barry Manilow or the Cranberries . . . Or not.

    Would you email me your parents address, I have a package with white powd I MEAN! confetti, to get you jumpin'!

    xo-Reed

    SPOON!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 PM  

  • Hey Becky!
    Bored yet? I hope not...
    Keep up your fantastic recovery!

    Maggie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.