Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kofi Annan can't have mine

"Apart from a good mind, the two most important assets for a United Nations diplomat are a good tailor and a strong liver."
- Richard Woolcott, former Australian ambassador to the U.N.

It's been a while since I've written anything of substance here, mostly because there's nothing major to tell about my journey. I have arrived in the Twin Cities for a brief stay before I continue my recovery in Washington state with my older brother and his family. Today I tried to do too much -- unpacking my car, two loads of laundry, a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond to pick up some assorted needed things, a pass of the vaccuum over all the carpet -- and now I am paying the price. I'm exhausted. So it's back to the couch tomorrow.

But I do have great news to tell you about Joe: He is doing very well, back to living on his own in Chicago, back to his signature knock-you-on-your-ass humor, back to smiling regularly. Of course, he's not back to work yet (heaven forbid he beat me to it), but that will come in time, a few more months yet.

2 Comments:

  • The secret to my humor...just repeat everything Becky says. She's the comedic genious; I'm just the messenger.

    Joe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • Woolcott.

    Australian for "alcoholic with diplomatic immunity."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.