Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The cutest little baby face!

Here she is, pink-skinned and smiling! One-year-old Kailey Simmons is recovering well in Toronto two weeks after receiving a life-saving liver from stranger-hero Mike, who wrote me yesterday with an update that he's doing well still, too. For the 40 percent of you who said you'd consider donating an organ for a stranger if you discovered you were a rare match, Mike and Kailey are out there as living proof of how good that gift feels.

3 Comments:

  • I hope you keep following this story - it's really uplifting and the world could use a little more kindness in it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • What a fantastic story to read about. Congratulations to the incredible Mike - beautiful person; and to gorgeous little Kailey, I wish you every happiness!

    An uplifting post indeed!

    Regards from Australia

    Lynne

    By Blogger L, at 7:12 AM  

  • Finally an update on this beautiful baby! I have a daughter who is 1 and I also lost my father in June '06 to a rare liver cancer so needless to say this story touched me a lot. I am just so happy to hear she finally got her liver and hope she and her mom can live normal lives now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.