Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Are there pro-blog cells in liver tissue?

Well, holy buckets. Joe sent me a brief email a couple days ago, seven words long, seven shocking words I never thought I'd hear him utter in meaningful succession: "I broke down and created a blog." This from a man who criticizes blogs more often than Paris Hilton buys handbags, more, even, than Boss Hogg complained about Bo and Luke Duke. (Um, that was a lot, for those of you who were born too late to dig the show and too early to have even noticed the recent terrible cinematic version.) I can only chalk this amazing 180 up to the fact that with the transfer of my liver tissue came a transfer of some blog gene that mingled with Joe's anti-blog DNA, metastisized to his brain, and burrowed in to stay.

Check it out, but only if there's a cute little puppy close by to cheer you up. I've posted a perma-link to the right, too.

And welcome to the blogosphere, Joe. You're one of us now. There's no turning back.

3 Comments:

  • Becky,
    I found you in a google search and have mentioned you in my own blog. I hope you don't mind.
    I too am lined up to be a donor but I am in the very early 'wait-to-see-if-the-recipient-can-actually get-a-liver-stage". I am also checking out Joe's blog.

    Brent

    By Blogger causaleffect, at 9:56 AM  

  • Brent, I'm delighted you commented and thanks for the mention -- of course I don't mind! Stay in touch as you learn more and don't hesitate to email me questions. As the process continues you might find some of the "resources for donors" links helpful. I wish I'd known they were there "way back then." (Odd. It was just a few months ago and it already feels like ancient history!)

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:30 PM  

  • Boss Hogg complained about Bo and Luke Duke just the other day in his blhog.

    (*tap, tap, tap...is this thing on?*)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.