Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Friday, October 27, 2006

More on Kailey Simmons

I am ages overdue for updating you all on Kailey and her donor, who has written me with infectious enthusiasm about how great he feels and how wonderfully the recipient of his sturdy liver tissue is doing. It is excellent news, indeed -- Canada's A-Channel News ran a television segment that's available for viewing online. (Click "dial up" or "highspeed" in the rectangular box that says "click here to get the video story.")

Having followed this story since the anonymous donor first contacted me several weeks ago, I didn't think the video would touch me as much as it did -- I nearly cried seeing Kailey smiling and her mother talking about how thankful she is to have her baby home. M, I'm so amazed and inspired by your gift and your attitude!

1 Comments:

  • Christian, congratulations on the successful transplant to you and all your family! I have come to value so much the benefits of being able to share our experiences with each other as a community. I hope both your child and brother continue to recover well and that you'll stay tuned as this site evolves into a new non-profit online Web site to help make finding these kinds of connections easier for people who are going through this. Thanks for writing!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.