Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy BIRTHDAY, dear transplant....

There is no Hallmark card, oddly enough, to say "Happy One-Year Anniversary of the Day I Gave You an Organ!" -- so I'm kind of on my own to express what I'm feeling towards Joe on this Wednesday night, the eve of the first anniversary of our transplant. (Only kind of, because the blessed Yahoo Greetings comes close with its speak-what-you-type talking e-cards, as Joe knows quite well by now!) Frankly, there's no card that can even come close to expressing what I'm feeling toward my whole family, all my friends, my boss and co-workers, the surgeons at NMH, my faithful Chopped Liver readers, and everyone who I have been in touch with around the world about this life-changing series of events. This is love, people. Love, gusto, hopefulness, joy, pride, humility, a teensy bit of disbelief, and above all, gratitude.

Joe: Let's hope for an even better year two. I love you so much!

As you may have noticed, I've been taking a break from Chopped Liver. Frustrated by my inadequate progress toward the new Web site and non-profit foundation I'm trying to launch, and busy with a tough load of classes and a major merger at work, I just couldn't face it. It was feeling like a burden and I didn't feel very worthy of it all.

But here I am, just back from another life-altering early-year event -- a two-week MBA crash course in sustainable business in the heart of Costa Rica -- and my soul feels refreshed and my perspective healed. And suddenly, I love love love this blog again. So with renewed resolve, I pledge to return to blogging with more frequency and vigor.

Terry, Mike, Brent, thank you so much for your recent emails. I really love hearing from you and I promise to respond to you each personally very soon.

7 Comments:

  • Glad you are back! Congrats on the anniversary. A little over two months until I get to make a similar post. Glad you are feeling less overwhelmed and are loving the blog again.

    By Blogger Josh Carpenter, at 7:58 AM  

  • Happy transpliversary!

    By Blogger m, at 9:30 AM  

  • Happy Donorversary?

    By Blogger m, at 11:18 AM  

  • Happy Transpliversary!!! I love it! (Almost as much as a term we once coined at your fine blog, Mindy.)

    Josh, so happy to hear from you! Hang in and we'll be wishing you a happy transdonorliversary in a couple of months...

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:35 PM  

  • Hey Becky (and Joe) just wanted to congratulate you on your happy one year transpliversary! (which I am officially adopting as a regular addition to my vocabulary)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

  • WHAT A MILESTONE.
    CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU
    MARY CAREY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

  • I guess it's better to be late to the boat than miss the boat.
    Congrats on the one year transpliversary (I couldn't type it so I copied and pasted the word).

    Hopefully, there will be thousands of others that can also have this event happen in their lives. Givers and receivers.

    Brent
    Organ Donation Awareness Project
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/oneaday2007
    http://causaleffect.blogspot.com

    Are you an organ donor?
    Have to talked to your family about it?

    By Blogger causaleffect, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.