Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Do you believe in karma?

A few weeks ago my employer hosted its annual company-wide campaign to raise money for a well-known national charity, and as always, I ponied up. In three years, I've never won any of the lucrative prizes that the company and the charity sponsor as donation incentives. But this year I won a mac daddy, just one week after Chopped Liver made its online debut: A free trip to Aruba for two! Do you believe in karma? I do today!

Black-out dates limited us to going by December 20 or sometime next May-September. My lucky friend
Amanda and I were planning to go next summer, then, but after my surgery date was delayed into mid-January, we decided to squeeze it in before the holidays. We leave Friday for a six night vacation -- one more blissful romp in the sun for my scarless mid-section! I'm packing three bikinis, one juggernaut bottle of SPF 30, flip flops and some beach reads.

Friends and family: I'll understand if you excommunicate me from your thoughts and prayers for the week. Please promise to resume feeling sorry for me when I return, though! Remember... liver transplant! Karma!

6 Comments:

  • Ok foxy, but I am still going to hold a grudge against you this weekend for missing my party!

    By Blogger m, at 8:20 AM  

  • Great resort. Have a great time. You deserve it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

  • I suspect that your Aruban "self portrait" on Seat 1A might have been taken there, n'est pas?

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:46 PM  

  • Correct!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • MY VERY BEST FOR BOTHOF YOU. I WILL BE STARTING A PRAYER CHAIN AS SOON AS I GET A TIME INVOLVED.

    KEEP THE FAIRH AND WE WILL PRAY HARDER THAN EVER BEFORE
    MARY CAREY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM  

  • THAT IS-----FAITH_+___

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.