Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Karma strikes again

Hm, no sooner did I brag about my fancy trip when my nasty cold took a turn for the worse. This truly is starting to seem like someone's watching. I'm visiting the doc tomorrow because I have a tendency to pick up bronchitis now and then. Interesting dynamic... I'm not sure I can take antibiotics now, given that we're within a month from the transplant date. One more question to add to my list for the team.

Also, I've tried finding a Twin Cities-based transplant support group, in the hopes that I might get connected with a local who has donated his or her liver -- someone to lean on for assurances and empathy, and someone to pepper with personal questions (staples or stitches?). Anyone ever heard of one? If so, email me or leave a comment. I'm sure I'll connect with someone eventually, if not in the T.C.

2 Comments:

  • I'd go with internal dissolving stitches and skin glue, less scarring, but you gotta have a good surgeon - it's a tricky technique...I'm just sayin'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

  • Maybe try to contact Life Source? http://www.life-source.org/
    Not sure if that is the right place to look, but you never know.

    Deanna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.