Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Meet my viral bronchitis

Say hi to Randall. Judging by the way my chest feels, he has achieved slimy dominance over about the bottom fourth of my lungs. Typically, the doctor would have diagnosed a virus and flung me from his office with a handshake, but it's funny how a little impending liver donation can attract attention. Instead, after careful discussion about timing and risks, he said that Randall is harmless as far as the surgery is concerned, and that he should probably go away on his own within one week. If that doesn't happen, he said, Randall will probably have developed into a bacterial bronchitis infection, which could impact the surgery. So he sent me off with a scrip for Zithro to take only if the coughing gets worse. And I got a little lecture in why it's a good idea to get the flu shot and use Purell. In any case, there should be no cause for concern. I bested Larry; I can handle this guy too.

2 Comments:

  • Merry Christmas, Becky!

    By Blogger Troy, at 9:05 AM  

  • I've noticed that all the gross, mean, evil things attacking your body have male names. Coincidence? I think not.

    By Blogger m, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.