Chopped Liver - A Community for Live Organ Donors and Recipients

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Heading South

It's leaving day... The car is packed, the party is over, and most of you have seen me for the last time as an original-livered human being. I feel great, powerful, hopeful, and full of courage, thanks absolutely to all of you.

I especially want to thank everyone who stopped by Thursday. There were so many of you, and from so many different pockets of my life, that I couldn't spend as much time with any one of you as I wanted to, and I apologize if anyone felt slighted! But judging from the energy and noise coming from our half of the bar, I'd say fun was had. Your cards and gifts were terrific, too. I'm loaded with activities to keep me busy.... chick books, Sudoku puzzles, magazines, and two books
--The World is Flat and Freakonomics--that I swear I will read when I have time, and now, well, I have plenty of time (thanks, Sandra, for bankrolling those).

So I'm off! I'll post again before the surgery, which is
Wednesday.


1 Comments:

  • Becky,

    I wish I'd had a chance to hug you and wish you well on Friday, but I had to fly out of the office for a meeting, while you were at lunch.

    At any rate, I will be thinking of you and your family over the next days and weeks. I wish you a safe drive to Iowa and Chicago; a pre-op day that goes just as planned; on Tuesday, piece of mind and patience for your family, as you wait for Wednesday to arrive; and on Wednesday, I wish that all the healthy liver gods and angels are watching over you, and that your transplant team hears all of the many good thoughts and prayers coming their way. And for your parents, as they stand-by during the surgery, may they receive positive updates throughout the day, which ease their mind and their nerves. Good luck to all of you, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Here’s to a successful surgery for both you and Joe!

    All my best,
    Laurie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.